Will Malpica is a partner in Martin LLP’s Business and Corporate group. As Head of the firm’s Banking & Debt Finance practice, Will leverages our team’s experience at international law firms and financial institutions to advise lenders and borrowers in a range of debt financings. Will’s practice concentrates primarily on representing lenders in lower middle market transactions, typically involving sponsor-backed or other acquisitions. Transactions include secured and unsecured, first lien/second lien, unitranche, and cash flow as well as asset-based structures with borrowers across a range of sectors.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Will has helped the firm’s clients access vital government relief programs. Will and his colleagues at the firm are among a small handful of lawyers around the country to have successfully closed loans under the Main Street Lending Program. Will also advises on amendments to existing credit facilities, reservation of rights letters, forbearance agreements and other restructuring matters, in some cases arising out of conditions stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prior to joining Martin LLP, Will was Director and Associate General Counsel in the a global investment banking and commercial banking operations at ABN AMRO Bank and at The Royal Bank of Scotland (now NatWest Markets). In these roles, Will served as senior legal and strategic advisor to a variety of commercial and investment banking business units, advising on a variety of transaction types and products, including bank financing, securitization, public and private capital markets and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Prior to his in-house roles, Will worked in the corporate and finance practices of the international law firm of Mayer Brown LLP. Will is a graduate of the Fordham University School of Law.
Affiliations and Service
- Director, Lifting Up Westchester
- Director, MyTeam Triumph CT
- Director, Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
- Pro Bono Counsel, Building One Community (B1C)
- Director, Fordham Law School Alumni Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Former Commissioner, New York City Commission on Human Rights (appointed by Michael Bloomberg)
- Former Vice Chair, Latino Justice PRLDEF
- Recipient, New York City Bar Association’s “Diversity Champion”
- Named among ‘New York’s Most Influential Latinos’ by the New York Post
- Named among “Connecticut’s ProBono Volunteers of the Year” by the Pro Bono Partnership
Areas of Practice
Private Securities Offerings
Mergers & Acquisitions